We are very excited to announce that we’re having a baby! We’ve been slowly but surely spreading the word (and I’m happy to finally blog about it)! We’ve gotten a lot of questions, so here are some of the top responses:
- Baby is due in May.
- No, we don’t know if it’s a boy or girl and we won’t be finding out until he/she arrives!
- Yes, Cooper (the dog) is very excited.
- No, I haven’t had any particularly strange cravings or eaten anything really weird.
- I’m feeling good!
- So far, we haven’t agreed on a name but we have at least a few months worth of debating left.
- We found out the morning of September 11th – the only time on that day in many years that I’ve cried tears of joy.
I had a delusional fantasy that I would be of those super active and productive pregnant women who never let being pregnant stop them from doing anything. And I will admit that maybe I even pushed myself a little too hard at the beginning to keep up with what I thought I should be doing. To make a long story short, I learned the hard way that the days of working like crazy, going from one job to another, and super intense workouts are on pause. Talk about a balancing act… time to re-prioritize!
I’ve decided I can still be productive and not push myself over the edge… it has just taken some getting used to. I scaled back on everything – including the workouts. I’ve made room for more resting and calmer activities like yoga, barre classes, and walking. After pushing myself so much physically over the last few years – from training for triathlons to getting in shape for the wedding and more – I will admit that it’s been kind of nice to step into a slower lane for a little bit (and indulge, guilt-free, in some ridiculous desserts from time to time).
Now that we’re well into this crazy pregnancy journey and our schedule has calmed down from the fall, I will be back in the kitchen whipping up new finds and old favorites and sharing them back on this blog. I’ll also be writing about this new sense of balance we’re working through (and towards) with Baby on the way!