OK, it’s been a while since I’ve shared a recipe so here is a SUPER INCREDIBLY EASY recipe for crockpot lasagna.
Our oven was on the fritz and we had people to feed! In a pinch, I threw together some ingredients we had on hand for a crockpot lasagna and it came out SUPER AWESOME. It was like magic, and did I mention this is an easy recipe? Perfect for a weeknight, and yummy leftovers to boot. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 3 15-oz. cans of tomato sauce
- basil, mushrooms, whatever misc. veggies you have on hand
- 1 package of uncooked whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 15-oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
- shredded mozzarella (2%)
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, mushrooms and other vegetables – blend with an immersion blender and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Brown meat in a large pan. Drain grease and add tomato sauce.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, sprinkle of parmesan, and egg.
- Layer some tomato sauce, broken (uncooked) lasagna noodles, and cheese mix in crock pot. Repeat – sauce, noodles, cheese – with final layer being sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until noodles are cooked.
- Once cooked, turn to warm and top with remaining mozzarella until melted.
Serve with garlic bread and a side salad. BAM. Meal complete!